10.6 3ds homebrew|Hax 2.6 and Ninjhax 2.6 is released and work with Sky3ds/Sky3ds+!
Posted on February 25, 2016 | By firstname.lastname@example.org
Now,you can homebrew 3ds 10.6 again. It’s not been a long waiting that hacker Smealum updates his Hax 2.6 homebrew launcher for 10.6.0-31 firmware.Currently,3ds exploits Ninjhax, oot3dhax, Smashhax and other exploits relying on specific games are now up and running on 3DS firmware 10.6. But for, Browserhax and menuhax, however, are still patched by 3DS 10.6. In the mean time, Sky3ds+ and Sky3ds card also can work with it to support Homebrews and Free 3DS Games!
Hax 2.6 updated by Smealum
Hax 2.6, the last version is Hax 2.5, except the new (and experimental!) “return to home” feature, also can support the following functions. You can run the Hax 2.6 for homebrew via installing 3ds exploits on the 3ds/new 3ds console. The 10.6 supported ones are Ninjhax, oot3dhax and Smashhax. Want to know how to use them on 3ds/n3ds 10.6 firmware console, here is a comprehensive tutorial http://smealum.github.io/3ds/.
- Play Aperture Science 3D, a free adaptation of Portal for the 3DS.
- Make your own themes to use in home menu.
- Play out-of-region games you own.
- Play old GBA/SFC/NES games with emulaors.
- Eshop access on old firmware versions
- Rom hacking, which lets you run modded versions of games you own such as pokemon
- In-game screenshot taking simply by pressing the home button
- 3DS CPU overclocking in any game
- Sleep mode and power button support
What’s new for Smealum Hax 2.6?
The new feature, “Return to home” from the launcher menu, which means you won’t have to reboot the console anymore after running the homebrew launcher. Pretty cool and convenient than before. And plus Smealum stress in Twitter that we need to update boot.3dsx in order to get this new feature and update payload when use Hax 2.6.
Ninjhax 2.6 for 3DS 10.6
Ninjhax means Cubic Ninjia hax is one of the 3ds game exploit for running homebrew launcher, the latest version can be called as Ninjhax 2.6 as well. It is supporting on 3ds/new 3ds 10.6 firmware with a new updated QR Code. You can see it here.
Sky3ds+/Sky3ds and Ninjhax 2.6
It’s widely known that Sky3ds and Sky3ds+ plus both are compatible with homebrew exploits and 3ds games. The 2 flashcards can run 3ds games because they are 3ds game flashcard, which means Sky3ds and Sky3ds+ hack 3ds/n3ds/2ds to run 3ds game roms. They are the 3ds game card emulation cart, is thought as the real game card when works on 3DS Firmware. So the 3DS OS is running them and reading the 3ds roms in them. As far as I know, Sky3ds and Sky3ds+ supports Hundreds of 3DS Games on all 3ds firmwares and consoles. The latest update is Sky3ds/Sky3ds+ works on 3ds/new 3ds 10.6 without issue!
Both Sky3ds and Sky3ds+ card is compatibel with Cubic Ninjia game, so you can use each of them to run Ninjhax 2.6. Then the two 3ds flashcards have the ability to support homebrews. The Sky3ds/Sky3ds+ homebrew 3DS 10.6 tutorial is here for your reference.
What you need
- A 3DS, 3DS XL or 2DS console with a firmware version between 9.0.0-X and 10.6.0-X. X can be any digit
- SKY3DS+/SKY3DS card
- Sandisk/Kingston microSD/SDHC memory card use to save 3DS roms
- CUBIC NINJA roms from your console region
What you do
- Make sure your 3DS’s wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet
- Download ninjhax 2.6 homebrew starter kit here, and unzip it, copy all the files to the root of 3DS console’s SD card:
- Copy CUBIC NINJA 3DS rom to the micro sd card for Sky3ds/Sky3ds+.
- Plug Sky3ds/Sky3ds+ to your console, run CUBIC NINJA, then choose “Create”, then “QR code”, and finally “Scan QR code”.
- Scan the QR Code.This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS’s screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.
- Follow the on screen instructions. And press A to install, when finished, you will see “the homebrew Lanucher” main page, like this.
- Right now, you can enter into Hax 2.5 hoembrew launcher with Sky3ds or Sky3ds+ card. It’s your time to play other region 3ds games and run homebrew emulators with Sky3ds and Hax 2.6.