All FAQ collecting of Xecuter SX Pro and SX OS
Posted on June 15, 2018 | By email@example.com
Since the news of Team Xecuter announced released Xecuter SX Pro and OS, players get some detailed information of two SX products, and on the below, we collect the FAQS about Xecuter SX Pro and OS from official site. Puzzles of SX Pro and OS will be solved after reading the articles.
FAQS of SX Pro
- Q: Can I update my Nintendo Switch to the latest firmware?
- A: Yes, you can. We are compatible with all firmwares and all regions!
- Q: Is it possible to install Game Updates (and does it requires to be on the latest firmware)?
- A: Yes, you can install game and system updates. The game updates can be applied following Nintendo’s usual rules, which sometimes requires you to be on the latest or a higher firmware than your console’s current firmware.
About SX dongle:
- Q: How does the tool (jig) and dongle operate? Are they needed everytime you turn on the console?A:If you don’t want to make any (software) modifications to your Switch Console, both the Tool (jig) and dongle are needed every boot.SX OS has an optional “AutoRCM” feature that can be installed to your Switch Console such that the jig tool is not needed anymore on boot.
- Q: How does the AutoRCM feature work?A:The AutoRCM feature makes a tiny modification to your system’s on-board storage via software, and from there on you will ONLY need the dongle (and won’t have to press the volume key) when booting your console.Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS.
- Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?A:Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console.
- Q: Will SX Pro work with Switch Linux?A:We will release a method of (chain)loading Linux using your SX Pro dongle soon.
- Q: When you put your Switch into Sleep mode, do I need to insert dongle again upon waking up?A:No, you don’t. Just resume playing where you left it
- Q: Can I buy one SX Pro and one SX OS license separately, and use the dongle and tool with two switches?A:Yes, you can buy additional SX OS Licenses and use one dongle and tool for all your Switch consoles.
- Q: Why is there – and + symbols engraved in the SX Pro dongle?Since USB-C devices can be plugged in either way, people are worried if dongle plugged in upside down, the + on left and – on right, and SX label facing down, that the Switch will blew up or get bricked, etc.A:They are here just for cosmetic reasons. The – symbol is also the LED window.
- Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get ‘charged’? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? — Why not battery instead? — Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.A:The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).
- Q: Can I charge my Switch via dongle?Using just micro-usb cable, removing the need of needing a proper usb-c cable.A:Sadly no, our intent for the micro USB port was for charging the dongle and firmware updates, but might be something we will consider for future hardware revisions, thanks.
- Q: There been reports of cables, and docks without that bricked the battery charging circuit, are we at risk with SX Pro solution?A:No, simply because we do not support charging. The dongle uses both USB ports only for receiving charge.
- Q: Can SX products run homebrew software as well?
- A:The initial release of SX OS will have support for running homebrew software for all firmware versions.In the initial release, launching the homebrew menu can be done by starting the photoviewer application while holding the R button on the Joy-Con. A file called ” hbmenu . nro ” needs to be on the root of the microSD card and a folder “switch” needs to contain all the homebrew applications.We will naturally continue to improve homebrew support and easy of use in future update.
- Q: Can SX products run homebrew software as well?A:The initial release of SX OS will not have support yet for running homebrew software for all firmware versions. Currently only the standard method for installing homebrew is supported, which means limited to the specific firmware version 3.0.0.We are in the final stages on adding support for running homebrew software regardless of firmware version and we expect to have this included with one of the first SX OS updates.
FAQS Of Xecuter SX OS:
- Q: How are game ROMs launched? What format do they need to be in?A:Games ROMs available right now from release groups are compatible as-is.Copy the XCI files to the root of your Nintendo Switch microSD card so SX OS will be able to find them.
- Q: How will SX OS work?A:The SX OS boot file and licenses can soon be retrieved from our easy to use website that will launch shortly. Simply follow instructions and you will be set up in a few minutes.
- Q: What do I need if I only buy SX OS?A:We strongly recommend buying SX Pro for the ease of use and safely streamlined procedure. That being said, SX OS standalone can be launched from Windows using TegraRcmGUI (TegraRcmSmash) or from NXLoader on android (with a USB-otg adapter).We offer support & warranty on your devices, please note any issues you face by errors/misuse of other methods will not be covered by our warranty.
- Q: Is the license for life and updates included?A:Yes, it is! All updates are free and for the lifetime of your console.
- Q: If a game runs natively on an OFW x.yy and above, can SX OS run the game even if the console has a lower firmware?A:Currently no. We have added that request to our list of features to look into.
- Q: Which file format does SX OS support? What about split files?A:We support both FAT32 and exFAT.SX OS will also try to look for split files in the form of “filename.xc0″ “filename.xc1″ “filename.xc2″ and so on to support ROMs larger than 4GB on FAT32.
- Q: Can I backup my games with SX OS and create my own game ROMs?A:Currently there’s no easy way to backup games with SX OS. We will add support for this in an update.
- Q: How much space is used up on microSD for SX OS?A:Only 16MB. To clarify, our OS will not alter in any way your microSD game & homebrew capacity.
- Q: Will Switch data such as savegames and updates be shared between the OFW and SX OS? Or are both systems separated?A:Yes, SX OS and the original Switch OS share savegames and update data.
- Q: Does SX OS support trimmed XCI files or do they need to remain unaltered?A:Yes, an app like https://github.com/Destiny1984/XCI-Cutter is supported.
- Q: There has been a wave of bans happening lately. Does that confirm we won’t be able to play online with SX OS?A:There have indeed been a number of isolated ban incidents happening lately among some homebrew developers. The exact cause of these bans is not known as of yet.We are not aware of any bans due to SX OS usage. But be cautious and use online functionality at your own risk!
- Q: Is SX OS compatible with firmware 5.1.0A:Of course. And as we stated before, it will be compatible with the next updates as well. We are offering a future proof solution.
- Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it ‘stand alone’ be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?A:Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
- Q: Can I play my Switch running SX OS while being docked?A:Absolutely. You just need to have it undocked when you power up your Switch to load SX OS. Once done, dock it and play for as long as you don’t completely power it off again.
- Q: Can we play eshop games?
- A: The current version of SX OS only allows to play cartridge based games. But we’re working hard to bring game titles that originate from different distribution media to SX OS as well! It is on our list of features to add in upcoming updates.
- Q: Does SX OS supports online gaming?
- A: SX OS supports playing online. However, we can’t guarantee Nintendo is not able to detect you are using SX OS.
- So playing online is at your own risk.
- Q: Does SX OS support Emunand?
- A: Currently it doesn’t. This is a feature we can add in the future, but it is low in the priority list because of the small interest to the general public. But because Xecuter SX is also used by advanced users, we will add Emunand support at some point.
- Q: Do we need to use the L/R buttons on the Joy-Con to switch game ROMs?
- A: We are working on a more user-friendly menu that can be launched from the home menu.
- We already have a working menu prototype that is fully functional but we are still improving it for our audiences.
- Q: Will you allow the use of different payloads?
- A: We will allow it. Custom payload can be put on the microsd card. Details will follow.
- Q: Can we expect cheat codes some day ?
- A: Cheats has always been a priority for our us. And we’ve already started looking into it.
- It takes a while to make a decent and usable cheat system, your patience will be rewarded!
- Q: Is it possible to play games from a External Harddrive?
- A: This is a possibility in the future, we’ve added it to our to do list. (thanks to all users for making it already a few pages long
- Q: Yikes, those are two huge caps in render picture? Is that going to taser my Switch, damage my system, or zap me!
- A: Super Cap’s actually (super-capacitor), 0.35F 2.7V, given the transport issues with Lithium based batteries SuperCap’s are fast becoming the go to temporary power source.No zapping ( very low voltage ) and we limit the charge current to ~400mA peak for either USB port
- Q: Is TX coming up with solution for those that leave their Switch always ‘docked’?
- A: If the demand is there, it is something we can develop.
- Q: I know I’m asking too much and it’s early, (sorry) would it be possible to get Bluetooth audio (or even Bluetooth controller) support within the CFW.
- A: If it is doable, we will try. Please read text below about such requests, you are fully entitled to request anything, we will do our best in order of user’s most wanted features.
We classified the FAQ on the official website. Players can get the right answers from questions. And following the exact information form Team Xecuter, it’s time to buy Xecuter SX Pro for hacking Switch. Sky-3ds.com is the reliable site for you to purchase Xecuter SX Pro and OS. We are accepting as one of the TX official dealers in the USA, we are using International Safe Payment-Paypal, we can ship from HK/USA/FR, the most importantly, Xecuter SX Pro and SX OS are On Sale in our site, you can order them from us with an extra Voucher Code. So if you want to buy a cheaper SX Pro or SX OS from a trusted and reputable site, sky-3ds.com is your best choice.