Is Freeshop working on 3DS V11.7 and can it support DS/3DS games like Stargate?
Posted on July 24, 2018 | By email@example.com
3DS 11.7 firmware outed for a time, is the Freeshop still working on the latest 3DS V11.7 to play free eshop games? Must we install CFW to use it on 3ds/2ds/new 3ds xl console with v11.7.0-40? and the last question, can we finally play both DS and 3DS games from that free app like the amazing Stargate 3ds card? Here are the answers.
Is Freeshop working on 3DS/2DS V11.7.0-40?
Yes, Freeshop in V4.1.2 supports 3DS V11.7. But what’s the Freeshop? Do you really understand it? Let me give you a full explanation here.
Freeshop for 3DS, like its name, you can think it of as free+eshop. You can download eshop games from this free app, and play the eshop games freely on your Nintendo 3ds v11.7 and lower firmware consoles. It will require a 3DS CFW to work and cause the Freeshop will let you download almost any 3DS game for free(TitleKey.bin file needed), hence the name Freeshop.
More exactly, it is a homebrew software designed to imitate Nintendo’s eShop. It allows you to browse and search games, and download ones you own (i.e. games for which you have the titlekey). Normally, when you go to official eshop , and buy a game, it marks the game as “bought” and install a ticket into your console and into your account (on their servers). If you delete that game and go back to eShop it checks the ticket on nintendont servers to determine if you have the right to download a game again. That’s the reason why Freeshop works.
Freeshop by itself is legal, it just redownload games you have tickets for (that you bought), except that it looks at these tickets only on your console instead of looking on nintendo’s servers.
Freeshop is also safe to use, though modding your console’s software/firmware runs legal risks. But like running freeShop, the risk is minimal. If you make sure to only install games you’ve purchased, then you remain in a safer legal grey area. And there is no way for Nintendo to know which client IP owns which games. That would requires some analytic guesswork, potentially resulting in many false-positive bans. Not likely to happen and none have been reported.
How to install Freeshop on V11.7 without 3DS CFW?
Without 3DS CFW, it’s impossible to setup and run the Freeshop on 3DS V11.7 console. Freeshop users must have a 3ds custom firmware installed firstly! It’s really easy actually for installing Freeshop, the only “hard” part is installing a CFW to 3DS, which requires you have an NTR card or an eshop Dsiware game.
Easy Guide for installing Freeshop on 11.7
- Install the CIA file on your CFW of choice (preferably one removing region restrictions) or put the .3dsx file in the 3ds folder on your SD card.
- Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory
sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/(or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to download).
- Launch freeShop and enjoy.
Step by step for using Freeshop on 3DS V11.7
- First, make sure your 3DS can install and launch homebrew software with a CFW. If you have a stock system and cannot, follow the guide: http://sky-3ds.com/blog/new-2ds3ds-xl-2018-hacking-guide-with-sd-card-or-flashcard/.
- If you followed the guide, you likely have this software already, but the following 3DS software is recommended for freeShop usage and setup:
- Download and install freeShop using one of the following methods:
- Launching freeShop for first time will create all necessary files and directories on the SD card. It will inform you that no keys are found.
- You need a title key file (commonly named encTitleKeys.bin). To generate this file yourself, you can dump the keys of installed tickets on a 3DS console using the following steps:
- Boot up Decrypt9.
- Go to “Ticket/Titlekey Options”
- Go to “Titlekey Dump” (either SysNAND or EmuNAND, whichever you use)
- Choose a filename. The saved file should be in the sd:/files9/ directory.
- You can use your title key file(s) in two different ways:
- Place the key file(s) in the sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ directory.
- Download your file(s) from URL, synchronizing with cloud backups:
- Add the URL in the freeShop settings in the “Update” tab.
- This is a video demonstration.
- You must restart freeShop in order for it to download the key file.
Can Freeshop support DS/3DS games as the Stargate 3ds?
3DS Freeshop enables the eshop game hacking, so by using it, we can play free 3DS Games, but No DS titles are in the eshop. If we want to play free NDS games, the Freeshop can’t help. However, with the flashcard Stargate 3ds, which supports both 3DS and NDS games, users can play both of them on their 3DS V11.7 consoles. It is the 3ds flashcard supports many more powerful functions, such as playing DS/3DS games, working on all 3DS models&firmwares, running Homebrews, CFWs and so on. To those of you also have a need to play DS games, the Stargate 3ds is a better choice than Freeshop.
|Compatibility||Supoort 3DS V11.7 to any lower or higher 3DS firmware consoles directly.||Support any 3DS firmware console can be installed CFW.|
|Functions||Play free NDS/3DS games||Play free eshop games|
|Setup||Plug and play, only need a microsd card.||Users should install 3DS CFW, then install the Freeshop, a little complicated.|
|Price||around $65 to $75||free|