Which 2017 r4 3ds homebrews do you need to play free 3DS/GBA/SNES/NES games?
Posted on December 22, 2016 | By email@example.com
R4 3DS is the Fantastic card for Nintendo 3DS and DS consoles. If you still only use it to play ds games, you are so out-dated. You should know that R4 3DS is supporting hombrews on both DS and 3DS consoles, then what you can do with them on your machine is beyond imagination. Here, I will list you the working 2017 homebrew emulators for R4 3DS card, to teach you to play old GB, GBA, GBC, NES, SNES even the Minecraft, retro Neo Geo, Sega Game Gear, Mega Drive/Sega Genesis games.
2017 R4 3DS Homebrew Emulators
2017 R4 GB/GBC Homebrew Emulator
It is: GameYob Gameboy Emulator, the latest Gameboy and Gameboy Color emulator for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi and Nintendo 3DS. All ready for your retro gaming pleasure on the R4 3DS card. GameYob, the open source Gameboy and Gameboy Color emulator now at Beta Version 0.5 Please make sure that this emulator is still in Beta, but because it is open source it is a work in progress that has the support of the open source community.
Download here: https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/emulators/download-gameyob-05-f32515.html.
- Download the latest GameYob version 0.5. This is a stable release and most of the bugs have been ironed out.
- Get your SDHC card and plug it in the microSD card reader.
- Next, plug the card reader into the USB slot of your computer.
- Afterward, extract and copy all of the contents of the GameYob installer you’ve downloaded from Drenn’s website and put them in the root folder of your SDHC card.
- In your SDHC card, create a folder named “GameYob” and inside, create 2 additional folders naming them ROM and SAVES, respectively.
- All of your downloaded games should be placed inside the ROM folder. All of your saved games will automatically be placed inside the “SAVES” folder.
- Plug your SDHC card into your R4 3DS card and ultimately plug it in your Nintendo 3DS.
- Fire up your Nintendo 3DS and there should be a prompt to install the GameYob emulator. Just follow onscreen instructions and you’re done!
2017 R4 GBA Homebrew Emulator
It is: gbaemu4DS
Download here: http://ichfly.github.io/gbaemu4DS/
User guide: for wood user (v1.45 or newer) (If you use use an older Version you need to update as this won’t work on an older Versions):
- Download and unpack the latest Version to the root of your SD
- copy the gba homebrews and roms you want to play to your SD (the ending must be .agb, .bin or .mb (.gba dose not work at the moment (this does not work because wood disallows it. I can’t fix that. Ask the creator of wood)))
- finished you can now lunch your gba homebrew/roms like the DS homebrews/roms
- Download and unpack the latest Version to the root of your SD
- copy the gba homebrews and roms you want to play to your SD
- start hbmenu.nds
- follow the instructions in this Video
2017 R4 SNES Homebrew Emulator
It is: lolSnes is a Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) rom emulator for the Nintendo DS flash cards. It is compatible with all versions of the 3DS / DSi / DS Lite and the original NDS as long as you have a NDS Flash Card capable of running homebrew .nds roms.
Download from: http://www.lolsnes.com/Download-lolSnes.htm.
- Download lolsnes.nds and some snes roms
- Copy lolsnes.nds file to your flash card
- Rename a snes rom file you would like to play to rom.smc
- Copy rom.smc to the /snes/ directory of your flash card
- Run lolSNES Emulator on NDS / DS Lite / DSi / 3DS and the rom file will automatically load in the emulator!
2017 R4 NES Homebrew Emulator
It is: NesDS, it has been updated. An amazing NES Emulator for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSI (and XL) as well as the Nintendo 3DS. With your R4 3DS you’ll be able to get down and play all of your favorite retro and classic games with ease. Huge enhancements for compatibility as well as much better speed on many of the games. Don’t miss out on your chance to relive the games of yesterday.
Download here: https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/emulators/download-nesds-1-1a-f28092.html.
- First up, you’ll need to download a piece of Nintendo DS homebrew-ed software known as the nesDS.
- Copy over nesDS over to the root directory of your MicroSD card.
- Once this is done, create a folder called NES in the root directory of MicroSD card, to store all your NES roms inside. This step is not necessary but it’s good for proper file housekeeping.
- Put in some NES roms into the NES folder.
- Fire up the Nintendo DS with your R4DS and MicroSD card inserted.
- Run the nesDS file and it should be able to list down all your NES games. Simply select one and enjoy!
2017 R4 Neo Geo Homebrew Emulator
It is : NeoDS, an Neo Geo emulator for the Nintendo 3DS, you can re-live and play all of those old cool games once again. NeoDS allows you to transform your 3DS in to a fully functioning, full speed Neo Geo Console. While not every single game works (yet….) almost all of the most popular games play just fine and without any glitches.
Download here: filetrip.net/dl?yftQstmmXS.
- Download the emulator package at here.
- Extract the compressed file contents into a folder using zip utiliy of your choice.
- You will need to use a couple of files from the uncompressed folder – “NeoDS.nds” is the emulator itself, and there is also a tool “NeoDSConvert.exe” which you will need to use. There are detailed instructions in a “readme.txt” file (although if you follow these steps you probably won’t need to read it).
- Get the Neo-Geo ROM files you want to use, in .zip format (this is similar to MAME). The system ROM is usually named “neogeo.zip” and is necessary to run the emulator, and any games that you want to play on the emulator (for example, Metal Slug is usually “mslug.zip”).
- Convert ROMs to NeoDS’s special format. You will need to use the supplied tool “NeoDSConvert.exe”. Copy or move all the ROMs you want to use into a folder (including the system ROM). Then place “NeoDSConvert.exe” (copy or move it) to the same folder, like this:
- Execute “NeoDsConvert” (double click it). After a brief showing of the process through the command line, you will have a .neo file for each .zip you started with:
- If you system ROM is not named “neogeo.neo”, you will need to rename it.
- Copy or move “NeoDS.nds”, “neogeo.neo” and any other converted ROMs (in .neo format) to the root of the flash cart (it must be placed in the root).
- Then turn your DS, run the emulator, load any ROM (don’t bother running neogeo.neo though).
2017 R4 3DS Homebrew Emulator
No such emulator for R4 or R4 3DS card. It can not play 3ds games on 3ds, new 3ds or 2ds consoles. If you want to play 3ds games with flashcard on 3DS, choose from these items, Sky3ds+, Sky3ds+ or Gateway 3DS, you can know their differences in our blog post.